2. The PP must be read in conjunction with the terms and conditions of use of the Site, as amended and updated from time to time at the sole discretion of the operators of FIFO housemate, and posted on the Site (T&Cs).
3. FIFO housemate is a registered business name, which, in addition to the Site, is owned and operated by the partnership of C.V. Del Borrello and D.A. Del Borrello (the Operators).
4. All the defined terms appearing in the T&Cs have the same meaning in this PP as they do in the T&Cs, including but not limited to:
a. FIFO housemate;
5. In viewing, considering or utilising the services available on FIFO housemate and the Site in any way, a person so viewing, considering or utilising the Site is taken to agree to be bound by the T&Cs, and, relevantly, the PP set out hereafter.
6. Where applicable, FIFO housemate complies with the requirements of Privacy Act 1988 Cth (the Act) and any and all other relevant laws, Commonwealth or State, in respect of the collection and use of personal information.
7. If you do not acknowledge, accept and agree to the terms of the FIFO housemate PP, FIFO housemate will not be able to provide the Services to you. This is because the information collected may be required in order for the Services to be provided to you.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
8. Information which you provide to FIFO housemate may be personal or sensitive information for the purposes of the Act. FIFO housemate will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal or sensitive information is used only in the provision of the Services, and where it is used, it is used with your consent.
9. The T&Cs set out the information that FIFO housemate will provide to Users, and the information that will not be provided to Users.
10. The information of yours which will be provided to Users will be either available on the Site, or alternatively provided by FIFO housemate, in very limited and controlled circumstances, to another User in the furtherance of the provision of the Services. The detail of the information which is either posted or provided to other persons, and how it may be provided, is contained in the T&Cs.
11. It is important to note that any information is posted on the Site is available to any person with access to the internet.
12. In providing the Services, FIFO housemate may collect information from you, including but not limited to:
a. Your name;
b. Your telephone number;
c. Your email address;
d. Your postal address;
e. Other financial information;
f. Computer sign on data;
g. Statistics on page views;
h. Internet traffic to and from the Site;
i. Ad data,
j. Other information such as IP addresses and standard web log information.
USE OF INFORMATION
14. In providing the Services to you, FIFO housemate may use your personal information to, including but not limited to:
a. Provide you the Services;
b. Resolve disputes;
c. Collect any fees which are payable;
d. Encourage safe trading generally and enforce relevant FIFO housemate policies, including the T&C’s
e. Customize, measure and analyse the Services in an effort to improve the provision of the Services to Users and or other advertisers;
f. Deliver targeted marketing, updates and promotional material and offers to Users in accordance with their preferences.
15. While in general, with the exception of the provision of the Services, and then in accordance with the T&Cs, FIFO housemate will not disclose Users personal information, without the consent of the User involved, FIFO housemate may disclose your personal information as a result of:
a. An enforceable legal requirements which may arise;
b. To enforce the T&Cs and any other of FIFO housemate policies;
c. To respond to claims that any advertisement or comment posted on the Site by any User or any other content violated another User’s, or any other persons, rights property or safety;
In which circumstances FIFO housemate will take reasonable steps to inform the relevant User of the disclosure prior to it occurring.
16. In providing the Services, FIFO housemate may also disclose your personal or sensitive information to:
a. Corporate affiliates who assist to detect and prevent illegal activity by any person, and provide joint services;
b. Service providers who assist in the provision of the Services;
c. Third-party websites and publishers so that advertisements which might be posted on the Site on behalf of Users can be published on a broader array of venue’s or information platforms;
d. Third party service providers (such as PayPal) in order to assist in the provision of the Services to Users.
REGISTRATION AND USE OF TOOLS
17. FIFO housemates may offer you sign on services enabling you to use third party log in credentials to log into FIFO housemate. FIFO housemate may transfer profile information, including personal information, contained in your third party profile to assist in the provision of the Services, to other relevant FIFO housemate related sites and profiles.
18. In agreeing to the FIFO housemates PP:
a. You agree to receive marketing and advertising information and communications from FIFO housemate, unless you direct FIFO housemate you do not consent to the receipt of such information, which you may do by following the directions contained in the relevant piece of advertising or marketing communication.
b. You agree you are not permitted to take any step to harvest any personal or sensitive information from the Site or any of its contents which relates to another person.
c. You agree you are not permitted to use any system or function of the Site to communicate or propagate spam, viruses or any other software which may interfere with FIFO housemate or any other system.
d. You agree FIFO housemate may scan any and all email messages or other electronic communications you send to FIFO housemate or the Site using automated systems in order to locate and identify any malicious activity or prohibited content in any such emails or other electronic communications.
e. You agree to the provision of the information referred to in the T&Cs to the persons identified therein, in order to enable FIFO housemate to supply you with the Services.
20. In the event you have any difficulty, questions, concerns or comments in respect of the use of tools or the Site generally, please contact customer support.
ACCESS AND COMPLAINTS
21. You are entitled to ask FIFO housemate what personal information relating to you FIFO housemate holds.
22. You may do this by accessing your profile on the Site, and reviewing, amending or deleting any of the information you have provided.
23. You may also ask FIFO housemate about the content and detail of any other information which is stored by FIFO housemate than your profile by contacting customer support.
24. FIFO housemate does not, in general, retain any personal or sensitive information after it is no longer needed, save for that which might be required to ensure compliance with FIFO housemate policies and T&Cs. However, in the event any such information is retained, any request for the deletion or destruction of any of a User’s personal or sensitive information which may be held by FIFO housemate will be dealt with in accordance with the requirements of the Act and any other applicable law, as it may apply to the particular circumstances in question.
25. In the event you are displeased with the use of your personal information in the provision of the Services, please contact customer support, in which case FIFO housemate and or the Operators will ensure that your query is responded to as soon as reasonably possible.
26. In the event you remain displeased, you may raise your concern with the Office of the Commonwealth Privacy Commissioner.
27. FIFO housemate will take all reasonable steps, including but not limited to the use of encryption, passwords and physical security, to ensure the security of any of the personal information which is held, against unauthorised access.
28. In the event of a breach of the security of FIFO housemate, you will be contacted with the detail of the breach and how it may affect you as soon as reasonably practicable.
a. Assist in the provision of the Services;
b. Help identify you and maintain your log in status.
30. In the event you do not wish to utilise the ‘cookies’ used by FIFO housemate, you may deactivate them, although doing so may result in the degradation of the provision of the Services.
31. For more information about cookies, visit the Site, and specifically the information relating to Cookies, Web Beacons and Your Privacy.
32. FIFO housemate and or the Operators have the express right to vary the PP at any time, and the posting on the Site of any amended or updated PP is taken to be notice to all Users of the amended or updated PP which are enforceable and of effect from the time and date of posting on the Site.
33. If you have any queries about anything contained in the PP, please contact us.